Aims and Objectives
BIOWASTE is a project that promotes the transfer and application test of innovative technologies (PAYT and ACUs), aiming to enhance managing efficiency in solid wastes related issues, such as source separation schemes and treating systems emphasizing in organic wastes.
- a) Implementation of a detailed data recording and analysis of the involved areas (in Greece, F.Y.R.O.M. and Cyprus)
- b) Design and implementation of a PAYT system for each area, including the necessary upgrade of the operational ability of the waste management authorities.
- c) Definition of the volumes and characteristics of the ACUs, which each authority will introduce followed by the acquisition and installation of these ACUs.
- d) Operation of all the above mentions in a full scale mode, allowing the collection of a range of information, regarding efficiency, cost, carbon dioxide emission etc. In this way a complete environmental and economic evaluation of both PAYT, ACUs and their combination will be possible.
- e) Development of a complete management system for the involved areas / municipalities, based in the findings and the acquired through the BIOWASTE project infrastructure.